In selecting qualified Attic applicants, we look for:
- The match of your family with The Attic.
- Our ability to meet your expectations and your child's needs.
- The ability of your child/family to help us build and meet the needs of our existing community.
- TOUR THE ATTIC: Schedule an observation date. Observations are typically scheduled November through early May. We encourage interested parents to tour the Attic before applying. However, if our first pool application date (January 18th) has passed, we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible rather than waiting until after your tour.
- We highly recommend that you read through the Explore The Attic, Admissions, Community, and Academics sections of this website, as well as peruse our Recommended Reading List, especially the favorites section, before observing or applying.
- Submit an Enrollment Application.
- Complete the application, print and mail with a non-refundable application fee to The Attic, Attention: Admissions, PO Box 1668, Woodinville, WA 98072.
- When we receive your application you will receive an email confirming receipt. If you have submitted an application for your child and have not received confirmation from the Attic, please notify us.
- Your application is not complete until we have received two complete Reference Forms. All reference communication is confidential.
- Ask your two references to complete a Reference Form.
- Direct your references to www.the-attic.org, Admissions page, Reference Form.
- Or open the Reference Form, save it, and email it directly to your references.
- To submit the reference form, the reference writer should complete, print, and mail to The Attic, Attention: Admissions, PO Box 1668, Woodinville, WA 98072.
- Families planning to apply are strongly encouraged to attend Attic Workshops and Professional Development to explore The Attic's approach and philosophy in Reading, Writing, Math, Science, and the importance of intrinsic motivation and trust.
- For information about applying for a Sibling or a Special Needs student, click here.
- Attend a Parent Interview.
Applications are accepted year round; however, when applying for fall 2017 enrollment, please submit applications by January 18, 2017.
For information on The Attic Learning Community's tuition assistance program, check out the Tuition Assistance Page.
The Attic Learning Community Non-Discrimination Policy
It is the policy of The Attic that all employees, volunteers and students have a right to work and study in an environment that asserts the personal worth and dignity of each individual.
In order to achieve this objective, The Attic will not tolerate any form of discrimination and/or harassment in its employment or education dealings. Discrimination against, or harassment of, any employee, group of employees, student or group of students, on the basis of race, ancestry, place or origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, mental or physical disability defeats this objective and will not be tolerated by The Attic.
This policy shall apply where there exists a negative work or study environment or potential adverse impact on an individual's work or study performance, or on their work or study environment.
Complaints of discrimination and/or sexual harassment should be reported directly to the Executive Director and will be investigated promptly and thoroughly.
The Attic is committed to preventing behavior which results in discrimination and/or harassment, as defined in this policy.